Welcome 'back' to The Old Swan, Astwood.
'Keeping us safe, keeping you safe'
Your health is safe in our hands, help us stay safe in your hands.
We are committed - are you?
We are starting small to give us all time to get used to the 'new normal'. Moving forward our menu will grow and we will introduce some of our old favourites back onto the menu and extend our opening hours as we move into August. Expect our fab fish and superb steaks back in August.
We are delighted to be able to re-open but it will be a little different - we have made a number of changes following Government guidelines.
We are taking these guidelines very seriously and have implemented many new cleaning and santitising procedures to ensure we keep The Old Swan Covid Secure.
We will do out utmost to ensure your visit to The Old Swan as similar as it was before - rest assured Phil will be as friendly :-) - but it will be a little different, so with that in mind please be kind, be patient, be understanding. Respect each other and our team– we are adjusting and so are our team– remember after all we are in this together!
- All customers must please book on line or by telephone whether drinking in our pub or eating in our restaurant - both inside and outside.
- Customers can request a table inside or outside but please note – if booking outside it is important to remember if the weather changes we cannot guarantee you shelter inside should numbers not allow - check the weather first!
- If dining or drinking in the garden you cannot enter the pub other than to access the toilets. Our friendly team will take your order in the garden.
- As required by the Government we will ask for contact details for track and trace – we are committed to your safety and dedicated to the national effort. This information is stored securely by us in line with data protection laws for 21 days and if asked we will provide them to the NHS Track and Trace.
- On arrival at The Old Swan come to the front door of the pub. There is no access to the pub from the car park entrance - please be punctual for your booking. You will be greeted and taken to your table. If there are people waiting to enter please respect social distance.
- We have made some changes to the layout of the bar and restaurant – we want to manage and take care of your safety whilst acting with the wider community in mind.
- Please ensure you follow all signage whether directional or informative.
- There is no bar service and no standing room inside the building.
- There are many sanitising stations, please ensure you sanitise your hands on arrival, when using the bathrooms and at departure.
- Our team will take your orders for food and drink so you do not have to leave your table.
- We will be operating both a cash or a cashless system. Payment can be made via contactless/card, via the PayPal App on you smart phone or cash.
- Please be aware of any time limit on your table. We will require you table back promptly to allow us to safely clean down and prepare for another sitting. We will make you aware of anytime time limits on your table when booking.
- Please remain at your table unless you need to go to the toilet, which will be open on a one in one out basis. Signage is placed on access to the toilet. Children must be accompanied by an adult to the toilet.
- Children must remain seated at all times and may not freely move around inside or outside.
- We still welcome your beloved Dogs – please advise us if you wish to bring one so we can put you on a table in our bar area or outside.
- Who can you come with and sit with (Government guidelines):-
- guests from 2 households allowed inside and outside.
- up to 6 people from multiple households but outdoors only and each household.
- We have done everything we can to help you be 2m from another person wherever possible, where not possible we have positioned tables or chairs in a way and in accordance with Government guidance which allows 1m social distancing. We are doing our best to manage and take care of your safety whilst acting with the wider community in mind.
If you are worried - talk to us, if we can help - talk to us. We are in this together.
Thank you for your incredible support over the last 16 weeks. It has seen us all through some difficult times - now we face a new challenge - your support over the coming weeks and month will continue to make the difference - thank you!
Phil, Clare and team at The Old Swan.